1. Japan. Fried fish, dried seaweed, tomatoes, miso soup with potatoes, rice in a metal container, served with milk.
2. Israel. Falafel, pitta chips, yoghurt and cucumber sauce, with green leaves.
3.Finland. Salad, chicken curry and pudding, string beans and carrots, served with milk.
4. Czech Republic. Semolina and vegetable soup, beef with garlic, spinach and potato dumplings, an orange.
5. Brazil. Meat in BBQ sauce, rice, green salad, pudding, and a strawberry juice.
6. Barcelona, Spain. Tomato fusilli, deep fried fish, salad, bread, and an apple.
7. France.Fries and nuggets with broccoli, bread, pasta salad, and a slice of cake.
8. South Korea. Pickled sesame leaves, kimchi, doenjang (a soybean paste) stew served with rice and a side of grapes.
9. Austin, Texas. Turkey taco salad, mashed potatoes, peach cobbler, and iced tea.
10. Sweden. Potatoes, cabbage, and beans, served with a cracker, Lingon Berry juice to drink.
Embroidering Nature’s Patterns with @meredithwoolnough
To see more of Meredith’s nature-inspired creations, follow @meredithwoolnough on Instagram.
“I have been collecting skeletonized leaves for as long as I can remember,” explains Australian artist Meredith Woolnough (@meredithwoolnough), whose elaborate embroideries mimic coral, leaves and other forms from nature. “I have always found inspiration in the natural world.”
Meredith’s particular method of embroidey is well-suited for patterns inspired by nature. “I work with a unique technique that allows me to create embroidered structures that exist without a base cloth. It’s not your typical embroidery.”
A near perfect Scribbly gum leaf Meredith found inspired her largest work to date. “I mapped out the internal structure of the leaf and translated the design into a dense network of stitches,” she says. “It took me months to complete and it almost sent me mad but I am so happy with how it turned out.”
"tea is just leaf water!" "yeah well coffee is just bean water!" wow, it’s. it’s like everything is made of things. this door is just wood rectangle. this poster is just ink paper. this lemonade is just lemon water. wow, it’s like you can combine ingredients to make things that are more enjoyable than the initial parts of the equation. sure is a magical world we live in